Town of Blue Mountains, Grey County, Simcoe County
Search South Georgian Bay real estate listings for your new home
Three down payment assistance programs
In Grey County, there are two funding programs that provide a free 5% down payment for long-term ownership in the form of a non-repayable loan. Simcoe County has it’s own down payment assistance program.
- Grey County’s Investment in Affordable Housing Homeownership Program
- Town of Blue Mountains Down Payment Assistance Program
- Simcoe County Affordable Ownership Program
The rules vary for each program but the general guidelines are:
- Property must in be in the Town of the Blue Mountains, Grey County, or Simcoe County
- Asset limits may apply; check program for details
- Maximum household incomes apply
- Purchased home will be the sole and principal residence
- Applicants must be able to quaify for a mortgage without a co-signor
The loan is recognized as equity, or a cash down payment equivalent, by CMHC and lenders. The programs are available every year starting April 1 and continue until spent. Put your name on a waiting list early to avoid disappointment.
Contact our office for more information on becoming a home owner.
Secondary suites grant program
This program is offered by the Town of Blue Mountains to assist local homeowners with the costs to create a secondary rental suite in their primary residence. A maximum of 10% of the renovation cost is allowed to a maximum of $5000. Here are some of the terms and conditions:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Property must be in the Town of The Blue Mountains
- Property taxes must be up-to-date
- Creation of the secondary suite must comply with all municipal/building regulations
- Applicant must be the owner of a single detached, semi-detached or townhouse dwelling on serviced property, or a detached building accessory to any of these dwelling types
- For an applicant on a rural property, an accessory apartment is permitted within a detached structure or accessory detached building
To apply, visit The Blue Mountains Attainable Housing Corporation website.
Questions? Please feel welcome to contact me any time. I have experience with these programs and would like to help you find your first home.