Down payment assistance, grants, and rebates
These programs are designed to help home buyers purchase new or resold homes. They provide down payment assistance and/or renovation grants for suites, etc. Some of these programs can be used together to increase the affordability of a home for first time buyers.
Contact our office for more information on becoming a home owner.
Secondary suites grant program
This program is offered by the Town of Blue Mountains to assist local homeowners with the costs to create a secondary rental suite in their primary residence. A maximum of 10% of the renovation cost is allowed to a maximum of $5000. Here are some of the terms and conditions:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Property must be in the Town of The Blue Mountains
- Property taxes must be up-to-date
- Creation of the secondary suite must comply with all municipal/building regulations
- Applicant must be the owner of a single detached, semi-detached or townhouse dwelling on serviced property, or a detached building accessory to any of these dwelling types
- For an applicant on a rural property, an accessory apartment is permitted within a detached structure or accessory detached building
To apply, visit The Blue Mountains Attainable Housing Corporation website.
Questions? Please feel welcome to contact me any time. I have experience with these programs and would like to help you find your first home.