Down payment assistance, grants, and rebates
These programs are designed to help home buyers purchase new or resold homes. They provide down payment assistance and/or renovation grants for suites, etc. Some of these programs can be used together to increase the affordability of a home for first time buyers. Please note that the municipal and county programs have many applicants each year and funding may not be available when you’re ready to purchase.
Contact our office for more information on becoming a home owner.
Secondary suites grant program
This program is offered by the Town of Blue Mountains to assist local homeowners with the costs to create a secondary rental suite in their primary residence. A maximum of 10% of the renovation cost is allowed to a maximum of $5000. Here are some of the terms and conditions:
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Property must be in the Town of The Blue Mountains
- Property taxes must be up-to-date
- Creation of the secondary suite must comply with all municipal/building regulations
- Applicant must be the owner of a single detached, semi-detached or townhouse dwelling on serviced property, or a detached building accessory to any of these dwelling types
- For an applicant on a rural property, an accessory apartment is permitted within a detached structure or accessory detached building
To apply, visit The Blue Mountains Attainable Housing Corporation website.
Questions? Please feel welcome to contact me any time. I have experience with these programs and would like to help you find your first home.