Blue Mountains Realty Sotheby’s International Realty®
Online Privacy Statement
Thank you for visiting Blue Mountains Realty, a Sotheby’s International Realty Affiliate. We are committed to protecting the information that you share with us, and explaining how we collect, process, store and share that information. We provide you with the notice below in English only to avoid any misinterpretations caused by a language translation. If necessary, please seek the proper advice, or please avoid use of this website.
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
- Registrations for special communications, such as saving a search for you and, but only if you request it, sending you new listings that fit the profile of your saved search;
- Requests to find a property, to list your property, and to find a sales associate;
- Requests to contact us;
- Requests to receive periodic industry updates;
- Requests to email a listing to a friend; and
- Postal or billing address;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone or mobile number;
- Location via IP address;
- Device being used (for our mobile site);
- Cookies and similar technologies;
2. Use and sharing of Personal Information
- Provide you with products and services, including authenticating authorized users, and marketing our products and services;
- Perform certain services or other transactions initiated by you;
- Respond to your questions, complaints, or reviews of our product or services;
- Send you communications about online transactions, product information, ads and promotions, electronic newsletters, or other notices you requested or offers tailored to you;
- Enable our advertisers to provide you with more personalized content, and track the effectiveness of certain advertising campaigns;
- Comply with applicable law, obey judicial orders, cooperate with law enforcement authorities, or prevent any suspected illegal activities;
- Help us run our business; or
3. Legal grounds for the collection, use, sharing, and other processing of Personal Information
- Necessary to provide information or otherwise carry out the performance of a contract with you as an individual;
- Our legitimate interests, including:
- Performance of the contract with our franchisees;
- Implementation and operation of a group-wide matrix structure and group-wide information sharing;
- Customer relationship management and other forms of marketing and analytics;
- Fraud prevention, misuse of company IT systems, or money laundering;
- Whistleblower scheme operations;
- Physical, IT, and network perimeter security;
- Internal investigations; and
- Intended mergers and acquisitions;
- Compliance with legal obligations and/or defense against legal claims, including those in the area of labor law, social security, and data protection, tax, and corporate compliance laws.
- Protection of the vital interests of any individual;
- Performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in SIRA ; and
4. Your rights concerning your Personal Information
- Marketing Communications. If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed or receive any other communication from us, please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communications or contact us using the link at the bottom of the message. Even after you opt-out or update your marketing preferences, we may still contact you for transactional or informational purposes. These include, for example, customer service issues, returns or product-related inquiries, surveys or recalls, or any questions regarding a specific order.
- Right of access: You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is processed, and, to request access to the Personal Information. The access information includes, among other things, the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. This is not, however, an absolute right, and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of their Personal Information undergoing processing.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information about you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you, and we may be obligated to erase that Personal Information. Personal data may reside in backup archives that must be retained for a longer period of time, either because it is impractical to isolate individual data within the archive, or because it is required to be retained for contractual, legal, or compliance reasons. Personal Information will not be restored to production systems (except in certain rare circumstances, e.g., the need to recover from a natural disaster, etc.). In such cases, Personal Information may be restored from the backup, however, all necessary steps will be taken to honor the initial request and erase the primary instance of the data. Backup archives containing Personal Information is protected with strong encryption.
- Right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In that case, your data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain limited purposes. As SIRA processes and uses your Personal Information primarily for purposes of carrying out a contract for a services relationship with SIRA may have a legitimate interest for the processing which will override your restriction request, unless the restriction request relates to marketing activities.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive the Personal Information about you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that data to another entity without hindrance from us.
6. Data Retention
7. California Privacy Rights
9. Cookies And Similar Tracking Technologies
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: These allow us to recognize and count the number of users of our Site and see how such users navigate through our Site. This helps to improve how our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies are session cookies which are erased when you close your browser.